LAHURNIP published book entitled; 'Racial and Ethnic Discrimination in Nepal' and 'Analysis of new constitution from Indigenous Peoples perspective' on 13 February 2016. During the study visit of chairperson of Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD) in Nepal, reports were submitted to him from different marginalized communities of Nepal. Later, it was compiled and published as a book. Similarly, LAHURNIP analyzed and published the book to give clear view on how IPs rights have been curtailed in the new Constitution. For wider dissemination as well as hold interaction, LAHURNIP organized a 'Book Launch and Interaction on the Issues of Marginalised Communities in the Contemporary Context' Altogether 38 representatives from IPs, Dalit, Madhesi and Muslim were invited to the program. The book was jointly released by the guests.
- News Date: February 13, 2016 | Post By LAHURNIP
- Harisiddhi locals demand return of their lands acquired for Brick and Tiles Factory
- Locals demand implementation of FPIC in Upper Marsangdi
- Indigenous nationalities are for National Pride Projects
- To Get Ready For REDD+
- World Bank and Government should guarantee IPs rights
- Supreme Court gives govt 15 days to name 26 lawmakers